Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm little under the weather right now. Seems I picked up a cold while visiting in Southern New Jersey last week. I'm not a pleasant person when I'm sick. Since it doesn't happen often I'm not used to it. Denise and I had hoped to drive over to Burlington, VT on Sunday to see a performance of the Metropolitan Opera broadcast live to a movie theater in High Definition. But if my head doesn't clear by then we'll have to try it some other time. I've been wanting to try this for while. You can see where you might catch this is your area:
http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/broadcast/hd_events_next.aspx



It's been plenty cold this week. The rivers are starting freeze where the current is slow. This is the East Branch of the AuSable River near the house. These rapids don't freeze completely but much of the river up and down stream from them does. It's very pretty.

We're expecting 3"-5" of snow tonight and then real snow on Sunday, maybe 12" more. They are very good at predicting the snow falls here but only 24 hours in advance. So we'll have to see. We'll definitely have a white Christmas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment