Friday, January 16, 2009

A week or so ago, I snowshoed the trail to Connery Pond. This trail starts near the road to Lake Placid, goes past Connery Pond, touches Lake Placid, and eventually leads to the TOP of Whiteface Mountain. But the first 3 or so miles are actually flat. Flat as in South Jersey flat. I really mean it this time, it is pretty flat and easy.

The trail is an old logging road, so it's wide (8'-10') as well. Lots of people cross country ski this trail. I met only one person while I was on the trail and one starting out as I was finishing. This was on a Saturday so it isn't a heavily use trail.

The views of Whiteface were spectacular. We had gotten a few inches of new snow the day before and it was cold overnight, single digits, so there was lots of frost on the trees. This combined with the new snow made the mountains completely white. Whiteface looked like Mt. Fuji.




Last night it was supposed to be -22F.
Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment